Active Passive Voice Quiz For SSC CGL Exam 2018: 14 June

June 14, 2018    

Dear Students,

Following 75 Days SSC CGL Study Plan by ADDA247 and SSCADDAA, the platform is all set to deliver the quizzes and notes on each four subjects asked in SSC CGL Tier-1 Examination. Quizzes are developed under the consideration of latest pattern and level of Exam whereas notes deal with understanding the concepts, formulae, rules and sharpening your revision skills. Be a part of this study plan, visit SSCADDA website regularly to add up each day effort in your practice. SSC CGL Exam is to be conducted from 25 July to 20 August 2018. Meanwhile, SSC CPO Exam is to be held in upcoming month. It is time to knuckle down to get your dream job.

Today, in this English quiz we are providing 15 Active Passive Voice Questions with detailed solutions. To make you learn English Grammar Rules effectively is the motive behind the provided quiz. Attempt this quiz and prepare yourself flawlessly. We wish you good luck for the upcoming Exams.

Direction (1-15): In these questions a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested below, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.

Q1. Has Sanjay written a book?
(a) Has a book written by Sanjay?
(b) Has a book been written by Sanjay?
(c) Has the book been written by Sanjay?
(d) None of the above
Show Answer
S1. Ans.(b)
Sol. Active – Has/have/had + Subject + V₃ (III form) + Object?
Passive – Has/have/had + object + been + V₃ (III form) + by + Subject.
Hence following the above rule, option B fits in the context.


Q2. Can she control this situation?
(a) Can this situation be controlled by her?
(b) Can this situation been controlled by her?
(c) Can this situation controlled by her?
(d) Can the situation be controlled by her?
Show Answer
S2. Ans.(a)
Sol. Active – Modal (can, may, might, could, should etc.) + Subject + V₁ (Ist) + Object.
Passive – Modal + Object + be + V₃ (III form) + by + Subject.
Hence following this rule, option A is the correct answer.


Q3. One should keep one’s promise.
(a) One’s promise should be kept by us.
(b) One’s promise has to be kept.
(c) A promise should have been kept.
(d) A promise should be kept.
Show Answer
S3. Ans.(d)
Sol. Imperative sentences denoting suggestion or advice follow below rule.
Active – V₁ (Ist from) + Object
Passive – Object + should + be + V₃ (III form)
Now, the statement given in the question is a general case of morality.
Therefore, no need to write (by + agent or subject) as it is already obvious.
Hence, option D is the correct answer.


Q4. They objected to my proposal. 
(a) My proposal was objected by them.
(b) My proposal was objected to by them.
(c) My proposal was objected.
(d) My proposal was to be objected by them.
Show Answer
S4. Ans.(b)
Sol. There are certain verbs which take a particular preposition with them before the object.
Active – Subject + V₂ (II form) + Preposition + Object.
Passive – Object + was + V₃ (III form) + Preposition + by + Subject.
Hence option B is the correct answer.


Q5. They are to buy a car.
(a) A car should be bought by them.
(b) A car is to buy by them.
(c) A car is to be bought by him.
(d) A car is to be bought by them.
Show Answer
S5. Ans.(d)
Sol. This is the case of Infinitive (to + V₁).
Active- (To + V₁)
Passive- (To + be + V₃ (III form).


Q6. Your behavior annoyed me.
(a) I was annoyed at your behavior.
(b) I was annoyed by your behavior.
(c) I was annoyed with your behavior.
(d) None of the above.
Show Answer
S6. Ans.(a)
Sol. Certain verbs take appropriate preposition with them instead of ‘by’.
For e.g. surprised at, known to, annoyed with somebody, astonished at, annoyed at something, contained in, amazed at etc.
Hence option A is the correct answer.


Q7. Your entrance greatly astonishes me.
(a) I am greatly astonished from your entrance.
(b) I am greatly astonished by your entrance.
(c) I am greatly astonished at your entrance.
(d) I am greatly astonished with your entrance.
Show Answer
S7. Ans.(c)
Sol. ‘Astonish’ takes preposition ‘at’ with it.
Sub + V₁ (Ist form) + Object.
Object + is/am/are + V₃ (III form) + Appropriate preposition (according to the verb) + Subject.
Hence option C is the correct answer.

 Q8. A stone struck me on the head.
(a) I was struck by a stone on the head.
(b) My head was struck by a stone.
(c) I had been struck by a stone on the head.
(d) I was struck on the head by a stone.
Show Answer
S8. Ans.(d)
Sol. Active – Sub + V₂ + Object.
Passive – Object + was/were + V₃ (IIIrd) + by + Subject.
Note: First finish the object part then proceed to (by + agent) part.
Hence option D is the correct answer.

Q9. Does he need some money?
(a) Some money is needed by him?
(b) Is some money need by him.
(c) Is some money to be needed by him?
(d) Is some money needed by him?
Show Answer
S9. Ans.(d)
Sol. Active – Do/Does + Subject + V₁ (Ist form) + Object?
Passive – Is/Am/Are + Subject + V₃ (III form) + by + Subject?
Hence option D is the correct answer.


Q10. Why do you waste time?
(a) Why is time wasted by you?
(b) Why is time been wasted by you?
(c) Why has time been wasted by you?
(d) Why is time being wasted by you?
Show Answer
S10. Ans.(a)
Sol. Active – What/Why/When ……. + do/does + Subject + V₁ + Object?
Passive – What/Why/When … + H.V (according to object of active voice) + Object + V₃ (III form) + by + Subject.
Hence option A is the correct answer.


Q11. Please help me.
(a) You are requested to help me.
(b) You are being requested to help me.
(c) Let me be helped by you.
(d) None of the above.
Show Answer
S11. Ans.(a)
Sol. In imperative sentence where a request is made, following rule is obeyed.
Active – Please + V₁ + Object.
Passive – You are requested + to + V₁ (Ist form) + Object.
Hence option A is the correct answer.



Q12. I know them.
(a) They are known by me.
(b) They have been known to me.
(c) They are known to me.
(d) None of the above.
Show Answer
S12. Ans.(c)
Sol. Explanation is same as Q.6



Q13. I remember my sister taking me to the museum. 
(a) I remember taken to the museum by my sister.
(b) I remember myself being taken to the museum by my sister.
(c) I remember I was taken to the museum by my sister.
(d) I remember being taken to the museum by my sister.
Show Answer
 S13. Ans.(d)
Sol. V1 (Ist form of verb) + ing in Active Voice changes to ‘being + V3’ (IIIrd form of verb) in Passive Voice.
Hence, Option D is the correct answer.

Q14. My brother has been taking examinations these days. 
(a) These days examinations are being taken by my brother.
(b) Examinations these days has had taken by my brother.
(c) Examinations these days has been taken by my brother.
(d) None of the above.
Show Answer
S14. Ans.(d)
Sol. There is no passive voice transformation for Perfect Continuous Tense.
Hence option D is the answer.


Q15. He will be writing some letters tomorrow morning.
(a) Tomorrow morning some letters will have been written by him.
(b) Some letters will be written tomorrow morning by him.
(c) Some letters will be written by him tomorrow morning.
(d) None of the above.
Show Answer
S15. Ans.(d)
Sol. There is no passive voice transformation for Future Continuous Tense.
Hence option D is the answer.

You may also like to read:



English Study Notes, Quizzes & Videos For SSC Exams
Check latest updates of SSC CGL 2018

Check latest updates of SSC CPO 2018 


  
  




        


- https://www.sscadda.com/2018/06/active-passive-voice-quiz-for-ssc-cgl-exam-2018.html
Active Passive Voice Quiz For SSC CGL Exam 2018: 14 June 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu June 14, 2018 Dear Students, Following 75 Days SSC CGL Study Plan by ADDA247 and SSCADDAA,  the platform is all set to deliver the quizz...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment