Direct Indirect English Questions for SSC CGL Tier-2 2017

September 25, 2017    



Dear Students, English section of all SSC Exams is very challenging. You need to mug up all the grammar rules, vocabulary and practice a lot of mock tests to score maximum marks. Today, in this English quiz we are providing questions based on Direct Indirect. Attempt this quiz, learn better and be prepared for the SSC CGL 2017 Exam.

Directions (1-15): A sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect form. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct form and mark your answer in the Answer-Sheet.

Q1. The Colonel said to the soldier, “Next month’ you will be promoted.”
(a) The Colonel commanded the soldier that he must be promoted.
(b) The Colonel told the soldier he would be promoted the following month.
(c) The Colonel promised the soldier that he would promote him next month.
(d) The Colonel said the soldier will be promoted the following month.

Q2. Manu said, “I am busy now”.
(a) Manu said that he was busy then.
(b) Manu said that he is busy now.
(c) Manu said that he was busy now.
(d) Manu told that he was busy now.

Q3. He said to me, “where are you going?”
(a) He told me where I was going.
(b) He asked me where I was going.
(c) He told to me where he was going.
(d) He asked him where was he going?

Q4.I told him that he was not working hard.
(a) I said to him, "You are not working hard."
(b) I told to him, "You are not working hard."
(c) I said, "You are not working hard."
(d) I said to him, "He is not working hard."

Q5. Gita said, “This is my book”.
(a) Gita said that this is her book.
(b) Gita told that this was her book.
(c) Gita said that it was her book.
(d) Gita said that this was her book.

Q6. He said to me, “I am sorry to hear that you have lost your dog.”
(a) He told me I was sorry I had lost my dog.
(b) He was sorry I had lost the dog.
(c) He comforted me on the death of my dog.
(d) He sympathized with me on hearing I had lost my dog.

Q7. He replied, “I have promised to reward my servants.”
(a) He replied that he had promised to reward my servants.
(b) He promised that he would reward his servants.
(c) He replied that he had promised to reward his servants.
(d) He had promised that he would reward his servants.

Q8. “This is the best book I’ve ever read,” the professor told the class.
(a) The professor told the class that that was the best book they could ever read.
(b) The professor told the class that that was the best book he would ever read.
(c) The professor told the class that this was the best book he had ever read.
(d) The professor told the class that it was the best book he had ever read.

Q9. “It is a pleasure to do business with you”, He said
(a) He said that it was a pleasure to do business with me.
(b) He said that it is a pleasure to do business with you.
(c) He conveyed the pleasure to do business with you.
(d) He wondered at the pleasure to do business with you.
                                                                                                                       
Q10. Rahim said, “I will watch a horror movie tonight”.
(a) Rahim said that he will watch a horror movie tonight.
(b) Rahim said that he would watch a horror movie tonight.
(c) Rahim said that he would watch a horror movie that night.
(d) Rahim said that he should watch a horror movie tonight.

Q11. He said to his friends, “Let us go out.”
(a) He requested his friends to go out.
(b) He proposed to his friends that they should go out.
(c) He suggested that his friends should go out.
(d) He proposed for his friends to go out.

Q12. The teacher said, “The earth revolves round the sun.”
(a) The teacher told that the earth had revolved round the sun.
(b) The teacher said that the earth revolves round the sun.
(c) The teacher informed that the earth revolved round the sun.
(d) The teacher said that the earth has been revolving round the sun.

Q13. The boys are sure to say, “We are going by ourselves.”
(a) The boys will say that we are going by ourselves.
(b) The boys will say that they were going by themselves.
(c) The boys will say that they were going by themselves.
(d) The boys will say that they would be going by themselves.

Q14. My friend said to me, “Beware of cheats.”
(a) My friend assured me to beware of cheats.
(b) My friend told me to beware of cheats.
(c) My friend warned me against cheats.
(d) My friend asked me if I was beware of cheats.

Q15. Socrates said, “Virtue is its own reward.”
(a) Socrates said that virtue had its own rewards.
(b) Socrates says that virtue is its own reward.
(c) Socrates said that virtue is its own reward.
(d) Socrates said that virtue was its own reward.


- http://www.sscadda.com/2017/09/direct-indirect-english-questions-cgl-tier-2.html
Direct Indirect English Questions for SSC CGL Tier-2 2017 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu September 25, 2017 Dear Students, English section of all  SSC Exams  is very challenging. You need to mug up all the grammar rules, vocabulary and practice...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment