English Quiz For SSC Exams

December 3, 2015    

Directions (Qs.1-10) : Select the correct word or phrase to complete a grammatical and idiomatic sentence.
1. Experts fail to understand the ..... behind the decision to move coal by road when there is enough rail capacity in this sector
(a) ideology 
(b) judgement
(c) rationale 
(d) politics


2. Automobile manufacturers are reviving up to launch a compaign designed to increase consumer ........ about the new emmission control.
(a) production 
(b) education
(c) awareness 
(d) knowledge

3. The word gharana points to the ...... concepts of stylistic individuality and handing down of tradition within family confines.
(a) joint 
(b) conflicting
(c) dual 
(d) contradictory

4. The criminals managed to escape from the prison even through two armed policemen were ....... vigil over them.
(a) taking 
(b) putting
(c) guarding 
(d) keeping

5. The speaker did not properly use the time as he went on .....on one point alone.
(a) dilating 
(b) devoting
(c) deliberating 
(d) diluting

6. As soon as my attention was ........ the dangerous state of the staircase, I got it repaired.
(a) drawn for 
(b) drawn upon
(c) drawn near 
(d) drawn to

7. I wish my brother -........ here to listen to this entertaining lecture.
(a) would be 
(b) has been
(c) is 
(d) were

8. Did you think you ........ somewhere before?
(a) have seen me 
(b) saw me
(c) had seen me 
(d) would see me

9. Do not force me to ........ you on this issue; I am not at all convinced.
(a) agree upon 
(b) concur with
(c) join over 
(d) equate with

10. Having ........ only in salt water before, I found it a little difficult to swim in fresh water.
(a) swam 
(b) swum
(c) had swam 
(d) swimming

Note : Answers will be updated soon.........



English Quiz For SSC Exams 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu December 3, 2015 Directions (Qs.1-10) : Select the correct word or phrase to complete a grammatical and idiomatic sentence. 1. Experts fail to understand t...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment