English Quiz On Direct/Indirect Part - XI

October 3, 2015    

01. He says, “I am laborious”.
 (A) He says that he is laborious.
 (B) He said that he is laborious.
 (C) He said that he was laborious.
 (D) He said that he is laborious.

02. The poor man said, “Hurrah! I have won the prize money”.
 (A) The poor man said that hurrah I have won the prize money.
 (B) The poor man exclaimed with joy that I have won the prize money.
 (C) The poor man exclaimed with joy that he had won the prize money.
 (D) The poor man exclaimed with joy that he has won the prize money.

03. “It’s all right, now, it will soon heal”, said the mother.
 (A) The mother said to her son that it was all right now and it will soon heal
 (B) The mother told her son that it was all right then and it will soon heal.
 (C) The mother told her son that it is all right then and it would soon heal.
 (D) The mother pacified her son saying that it was all right then and it would soon heal.

04. He said to her, “Who is the man in brown trousers ?”
 (A) He asked her who was the man in brown trousers.
 (B) He asked her who is the man in brown trousers.
 (C) He asked her who the man in brown trousers was.
 (D) He asked her who the man was in brown trousers.

05. “Are you feeling giddy?”, said the man to me in the bus
 (A) The man in the bus asked me if I was feeling giddy.
 (B) The man in the bus told me if I was feeling giddy.
 (C) The man in the bus told to me if I am feeling giddy.
 (D) The man in the bus said to me if I am feeling giddy.

06. He says, “I remain busy these days”.
 (A) He says that he remains busy these days.
 (B) He said that he remain busy these days.
 (C) He said that remained busy these days.
 (D) He said that he remained busy those days.

07. The poor man said, “Alas! I have lost everything I earned”.
 (A) The poor man said that alas he had lost everything he had earned.
 (B) The poor man exclaimed with sorrow that he had lost everything he had earned.
 (C) The poor man exclaimed with sorrow that he lost everything he earned.
 (D) The poor man exclaimed that he had lost everything he had earned.

08. ‘It’s now or never”, she says.
 (A) She says that it is now or never.
 (B) She said that it was now or never.
 (C) She said that it was then or never.
 (D) She said it is now or never.

09. He said to her, “It is over now.”
 (A) He told her that it was over then.
 (B) He told her that was over then.
 (C) He told to her that it was over then.
 (D) He told her that it was over now.

10. “Has he been awake the whole night ?”, She said to her husband.
 (A)  She asked her husband if he had been awake the whole night.
 (B)  She told her husband if it was awake the whole night.
 (C)  She asked her husband if he has awake the whole night.
 (D)  She asked her husband if he has been awake that night.

Answers will be updated soon....

English Quiz On Direct/Indirect Part - XI 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu October 3, 2015 01. He says, “I am laborious”.  (A) He says that he is laborious.  (B) He said that he is laborious.  (C) He said that he was laborious....


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment