SBI Associates Clerk Interview Experience - Neelima Purohit

May 20, 2015    

Hello Readers,

Here we are posting the Interview Experience shared with us by "Neelima Purohit" one of the BA Readers. Hope it will help the aspirants having interview in the upcoming days.

Hello every one this is Neelima Purohit. 

Venue: Bikaner, Rajasthan.
Date: 18.05.2015
Time: 12:00 (noon)
Panel: 4

I reached the venue before an hour from my scheduled time but they gave as entry on the due time only.

After getting in, I got my documents verified. The staff was very helpful and they kept the atmosphere friendly with us. Then I was sent in the hall with a box of refreshment to wait further. 

Specifically our panel was taking too much time, they were spending on an average 20 minutes on each candidate (sometimes more than 20) and thus my turn came at 5.40 pm.

Then I entered and greeted the panel with a big ear to ear smile (ignoring the fact that how long they kept me waiting) and they smiled back too with the same spirit and then I regained all energy.

M1 : (while reading my bio data form) your father has retired ?
Me : yes sir.

M1 : tell me about your family ?
Me : answered

M1 : how can you be positively helpful for the Bank ?
Me: sir, I am a very ambitious girl and want to excel in whatever field I work and since I have been a CA student (their eyes were open wide after hearing this), I have this impression that how does a bank work and while I was further replying one member intervened and asked if I would leave Sbbj after completing CA, to which I said that " once I get appointed in Sbbj there would be no looking back for me and I would try to reach my new heights here only." (while I was replying the other two members were having eye on me as I could sense it, they were looking at my body language.)

Then the beautiful lady in the panel asked ..

F1 : Tell  me more about Geeta Pratiyogita (as I had mentioned in the form) and she was seemed to be very curious about it as she inquired me much about my Geeta gyan.
Me :  I explained her all about this competition, its exam pattern etc.

F1 : you have memorized whole Geeta ?
Me : No ma'am, its not possible for a person like me to memorize Geeta. It requires a lot of dedication . I am reading yatharth Geeta second time but still can't say that I have learnt it.
(Everyone laughed...)

Then she asked me some questions from economics as m from commerce background.

F1 : since you had economics in graduation, tell me about law of diminishing return.
Me :  I replied, but she wasn't satisfied then she asked me about opportunity cost to which I replied with an example then she was happily satisfied with my answer.

Then the other member " Sardar ji" ... 

M2 : tell me what is CAD ?
Me : explained .. 

M2 : What is MAT ?
Me : explained

M2 : FEMA ??
Me : I explained this act with its abbreviation .

M2 : which body regulates through this act ?
Me : RBI ..

M2 : can you tell me the exact figure of forex reserve ?
Me : sir I studied it two months back, so I don't remember exactly.(but still I tried to tell some vague figure).

M2 : No problem, you name two subsidiaries of SBI .. 
Me sir: Sbi mysore etc (then he interrupted )

M2: "subsidiaries not associates ". 

Then the other member said ..

M1 : "let me give you clue, they are NBFCs" (thanks to him)

Me : (and then I instantly replied ) Sbi life insurance, and then he said very good.

Now, it was turn of the 4the member of panel

M3 : What is Balance sheet? 
Me : sir its statement of assets and liabilities prepared at the end of the year.

M3 :  types of assets ?
Me : explained .. 

M3 : what is depreciation ?
Me : sir its a charge on fixed assets made every year as over a period the asset losses its value .

M3 : what are the types of Depreciation ? 
Me : Straight line, reducing value method ..

Now M1 again ..

M1 :  which one is better ?
Me :  sir reducing balance, as in this method value never comes to zero.

M1 : what is Contingent liability . 
Me :  I explained it with its definition and one example of Law suit .

M1 : where does contingent liability comes in the Balance sheet .
Me : (without thinking ) liability side.

M1 : ( smirked ,with a questioning face) liability side ?
Me : ( again without thinking) sir debit side as its loss to company .

M1 : Debit side ?
Me : (now I tried to recall and with a big smile said) sir it comes in notes to the accounts.

M1 : (laughed ) now you have got it .
M1 : okay neelima Ji .. Thank you .

As I was leaving,  the M1 said : we wanted to continue for more but even then it was good .

I thanked and wished them a pleasant day ahead as it wad too hot and it was 6.02 pm then.

So this is my experience,  I hope its helpful for you .. Basically it was based on what one has studied in graduation and the same trend continued with all the candidates of my panel,  no questions from current affairs were asked atleast from me.

My advice : Focus on your strengths and try they notice by making the plot of the same from beginning .

Be careful of what you write in your bio data form as they will put questions from that form.

Nervous hona obvious hai but don't get stressed, as from the staff to the panel every one is helpful and friendly.

All the Best Neelima Purohit :))


This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.


SBI Associates Clerk Interview Experience - Neelima Purohit 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu May 20, 2015 Hello Readers, Here we are posting the Interview Experience shared with us by  " Neelima Purohit "  one of the BA Readers. Hope ...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment