From Lots of Failures to Success - Arvind Kumar Yadav

April 30, 2015    

Hi, I am Arvind Kumar Yadav selected as a PO in bank of Maharashtra and Clerk in Bank of Baroda.
Today I want to share my success story with my BA family. It all started in 2012 when I completed my graduation (B.com); I decided to make my career in banking industry. I could not fill IBPS PO 2 form as I was not eligible in 2012 but, I filled IBPS clerk 2 form and started preparation. I had planned that this year (2013) I have to get into the banking industry and was moving well in the direction, qualified written and was called for interview. But when it was interview turn I was blank as it was 1st interview of my life, could not answer basic banking questions asked but then also they gave me 60 marks in the interview but, I could not clear the final cutoff and failed by .20% margin(my marks was 60.20 and min cutoff was 60.40 out of 100).


My plans failed it was 1 year I was doing nothing. Then came IBPS 3 Po, I started my preparation harder as it was PO this time, divided my time for each sections and for general awareness section I studied different magazines. The exam day came and I attempted only 97 questions and as per previous year cutoff it was impossible for me to qualify for interview but, due to change in pattern the cutoff was very low 60 for OBC and I scored 63. I again qualified for interview but this time for PO. 
Next exam was IBPS 3 Clerk and I was overconfident that I will easily clear clerk exam as I cleared PO and the result was I could not clear the minimum cutoff for written and failed.
Now it was interview of PO 3. I verified my documents and found that my OBC certificate dated February 2013 and it should have been dated after 1 April 2013 then also I was allowed to give interview, I was well prepared this time and interview went GOOD but, when result came my candidature was Forfeited because of my outdated OBC certificate. This time I was broken and lost all my hope and started thinking that banking is not my DESTINY. I am made for private Jobs. I stopped meeting friends as all my friends were either PLACED or were doing MBA and it was 2 years I was doing nothing. I could not face my relatives as they asked only 1 question and I had no answers.
BUT after few weeks I decided that I will give 1 last try to IBPS PO and Clerk for myself against every1. Filled SBI PO form to start my preparation for IBPS exams and failures continued as follows
SBI PO- FAILED, SBI CLERK- FAILED, BUT then in July last I found Bankers adda and just started following it blindly and made daily G.K updates and found it very helpful in main exams, suddenly my graph started rising.
 RRB 3- FAILED by 7 marks in written but got 25 marks in GA(15 Q were from BA notes) , RBI ASST.- FAILED after scoring 143 marks got 34 in GA(24-25 Q were from BA capsule).
It was IBPS PO 4 now I was well prepared this year and attempted 111 Q and was satisfied with my attempt. My strongest section was G.A in which I attempted 32 out of which 26 Q were from BA capsule. When results were declared the cutoff for OBC was 80. I qualified and was called for interview. This time all my documents were OK and my interview went Excellent. When written marks were declared I score exact 80 out of 200.
Reasoning-15, Maths-11, English-16, Computer 11, G.A- 27(only because of BA capsules and daily updates)
I also qualified for clerk4 interview as this time I was not overconfident and performed very well in written and interview. I scored 146 in written and no doubts cleared the interview as well. Allotted “Bank of Baroda” in clerk. 

I know my story is long but it will motivate those who think that scoring just cutoff marks in written means they are out of the competition. NO, you are still in competition just you have to score well in interview as I did. You can see my written marks they are just average but then also I converted them into success. If I can do that you all can do it.
Remember never give up, GOD just checks your patience. If i would have given up last year I could have never succeeded. Learn from your mistakes. 
At last I thank Bankers adda from my soul for all the help they provided and helped me to succeed in life. 

"Today when I see my mother, happiness in her eyes reminds me that I have done something which has made her Proud."




This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.


From Lots of Failures to Success - Arvind Kumar Yadav 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu April 30, 2015 Hi, I am Arvind Kumar Yadav selected as a PO in bank of Maharashtra and Clerk in Bank of Baroda. Today I want to share my success story ...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment