TCS interview experiences & questions

November 25, 2014    

Experiences of Rishabh 


TCS interview experience
Name-Rishabh Sharma
mail-rishabh435@gmail.com
college-iet mjp rohilkhand university bareilly.


1st round : Aptitude Test and e-mail writing

 prepare from campusgate and quantum cat


2nd round : Technical Interview

1. fav. Subject?
2. Write a code to insert 10 nodes in Linked List?
3. Write a code of fib series by 2 methods?
4. What is complexity of binary search and why?
5. What is your fav language?
6. Question based on that language?
7. Some puzzles.
8. Discuss some other easy things on computer netwr and os?

3rd round : MR

1. Why should we hire you?
2. explain your project?
3. what was your role in that project?
    I said that I do backend coding and databased handling than he asked why you dnt do designing?
4. what are the views in dbms?
5. In your project you normalize the tables at which level?-I said BCNF thn he asked why not 4NF or 5NF-I explained all other things for this.
6. Different b/w all the keys ?
7. how to chose primary key ?
8. What are the assertion and triggers in dbms?
9. What is OS?
10. Why your Btech % is very low in comparable to others?
11. Asked some condition based questions-like what to do when company is not givng u any project since 4-5 months

4th round : HR

1. Tell about yourself
2. what u know about tcs?
3. your weakness nd how you overcome that?
4. checks my communication skills in this round which was not so good . She tells me that your communication skills are very poor. I said that I will
overcome with this in 2-3 months thn she said thn come after 2-3 months for the intrvw... Bye still got selected because of confidence.


Experiences of Divya

My TCS Experience
Long process of 3 days.
We were not informed that apti would be on 14th.
But after seminar at 1 pm random names of students were declared for APTI.

Most important thing is your confidence,willingness to work,relocatable anywhere
Guys be clear in your thoughts.
Think example for every strength u speak there.
As they will note down key points and ask example for each
such as creative,optimistic etc.
Think about yourself of any 1 quality that is different from others.
They were also asking map of India
States and capitals
CEO of major companies.
Any thing about yourself not mentioned in resume?

As I was not in top 5 so I had to give the apti round
There were 4 slots 2 on first day and rest on the second
On the first day questions were from campus gate.
I gve my apti the second day in 3rd slot and got 2-3 familiar questions


On the same day i was called for the TR round
Hello Divya How r u?
I m fine sir how r you.
I m fine too.
asked me to
write program for insertion in stack
fibonacci series
tell me about yourself,
strength
weakness
hobbies,
universal gates and draw it
flip flop
layers of osi and tcp and how data flows
difference between interface and abstraction
difference between xp and windows 7
Types of OS
OOPS principles
Program for interface.
some more questions but could remember this.
Which location do u want?
Delhi
Why not lucknow?
Sir u can relocate me in any part of the world u want.
went on for nearly 30 minutes.

Any question?

My MR and HR was on second day of APTI.
MR round.
1. Have u given technical?
I was amazed and said yes sir.
Ok Divya have u answered all the question in tr?
I said no.
Which questions u haven't answered?
Guys,this is a trap question as his next question would be have u searched for the answers.
I interpreted as in tr,i was asked question and given time for 5 minutes
I gave the answer but he didnt toldme whether i was correct or not.
Q)So were u correct?
Yes sir I checked it I was correct.
Then He took my technical again
Technical question were from Java as I had written in my resume in depth knowledge of JAVA.
Any prject which u have done in team?
What was ur role and others write on paper.
Were u team lead?
I was just checking ur technical he said
I replied its okk..
Latest IT trends?
Which role do u want to wok in TCS?
how u have prepared for it?
how u r adaptive?
Situation based queston
Imagine u have to submit the project and one of ur team member applied for leave how u will complete the work?
Sir First I will check whether the reason is genuine if yes hen I will allow him/her to go and divide his work into rest of
team members with more work with me and make them work overtime.
Why they will do his work they are already doing overtime?
Sir I would convince like if today u will do his work in future if any of u go to leave he will also help and in the
worst case if they dont get convinced I will concern my higher authorities and ask for help but I will submit
project on time

Ok Divya any Questions?
Sir How is the wor environment in TCS?
in which respect u r asking then I will tell??
didnt expected this
I answered FUN ALONG WITH THE WORK
then he start telling about the clubs in TCS
but there is not always fun with work etc.
Thankyou sir,nice talking with you.
went on for more than 30 minutes

HR round.
called after ten minutes
Tell me about yourself?
Told everything from academics to strength to career objective to hobbied to achievements but he was ignoring
Finally said sir thats all about me.
About TCS?
CEO of TCS?
chairman of TCS?
five companies that are based outside but work in India?
five companies that are Indian but work outside?
Asked for file
First time in 3 rounds someone asked for it
but just saw it for 10 seconds.
What is background check?
What is service agreement?
Are u relocatable?
went on for approx. 10 minutes.

Thats all.
There were 14 students from CODE VITA and 25 TOPPERS and they were exempted from giving APTI.
After every round there was rejection list
finally there were 98 people who reached HR
they shortlisted 62 students for TCS.


TCS interview experiences & questions 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu November 25, 2014 Experiences of Rishabh  TCS interview experience Name-Rishabh Sharma mail-rishabh435@gmail.com college-iet mjp rohilkhand university...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment