English Miscellaneous Questions Quiz for SSC CGL Tier 2

December 6, 2017    

Active-Passive-for-CGL-Tier-2

Dear Students, English section Exam is very challenging. SSC exams are just nearby and as we know English Section is as important as other sections. In fact English in SSC CGL Tier 2 exam holds an appreciating weightage of 200 marks which is enough to know the importance of this Section in govt exams.Now SSC CHSL Exam is the next target of the aspirants .You need to gird up your loins to score maximum marks.Today, in this English quiz we are providing English Miscellaneous Quiz including Error based questions, Direct Indirect questions and Vocabulary section.Attempt this quiz, learn effectively and impetus yourself for all the upcoming exams regarding English Section  in just a needed time and prepare yourself flawlessly. We wish you good luck for the upcoming Exams.

Directions (1-4): In the following questions, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word as your answer.

Q1. VERISIMILITUDE
(a) Grotesque
(b) Fantastic
(c) Festive
(d) Authenticity

Q2. PERUSE
(a) Read
(b) Argue
(c) Follow
(d) Reduce

Q3. SPUME
(a) Spit
(b) Poison
(c) Lava
(d) Foams

Q4. OSSIFY
(a) make or become like a stone
(b) make or become like a bone
(c) turn into plasma
(d) turn into iron

Directions (5-8): In the following questions, a sentence has been given in Direct/ Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.

Q5. He asked me “What time will the sun set tomorrow?”
(a) He asked me what time does the sun set the next day.
(b) He asked me what time the sun would set tomorrow.
(c) He asked me what time the sun would set the next day.
(d) He asked me what time would the sun set the next day.

Q6. “Be quiet” I said to them,
(a) I told them to be quiet
(b) I asked them to remain quiet
(c) I told to them for being quiet
(d) I ordered them to remain quiet

Q7. Pawan said to me, “If I hear any news, I’ll phone you.”
(a) Pawan told me that if he heard any news, he will phone me.
(b) Pawan told me that if he will hear any news, he will phone me.
(c) Pawan told me if he had heard any news, he would phone me.
(d) Pawan told me that if he heard any news, he would phone me.

Q8. The beggar said, “Poverty is a great curse”.
(a) The beggar said poverty has a great curse.
(b) the beggar said that poverty is a great curse.
(c) The beggar said that poverty was a great curse.
(d) The beggar said that poverty had been a great curse.

Directions (9-12): In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and choose the option corresponding to it, If the sentence is free from error, choose the “No error” option. 

Q9. I was at loss and did not know what to do 
(a) I was
(b) at loss
(c) and did not know
(d) what to do

Q10. This man is the most tallest in the group. 
(a) This man is
(b) the most tallest
(c) in the group
(d) No error

Q11. The teacher prevented the boys to go there.
(a) The teacher
(b) prevented the boys
(c) to go there
(d) No error

Q12. Still waters run deep. 
(a) Still waters
(b) run
(c) deep
(d) No error

Directions (13-15): In the following questions four alternatives are given for idioms/phrases in now. Choose the one that best expresses the meaning of the given idiom/phrase.

Q13. The die is cast and nothing can be done now. 
(a) the game has been played.
(b) there has been a failure.
(c) the effect has worn out.
(d) the decision has been taken.

Q14. The police cordoned off the area after the explosion. 
(a) didn’t allow anyone to leave
(b) filled
(c) isolated
(d) checked everyone in

Q15. Your report of the matter is all moonshine. 
(a) familiar
(b) acceptable
(c) concocted
(d) excellent


You may also like to read:




- http://www.sscadda.com/2017/12/english-miscellaneous-questions-quiz.html
English Miscellaneous Questions Quiz for SSC CGL Tier 2 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu December 6, 2017 Dear Students, English section Exam is very challenging. SSC exams are just nearby and as we know English Section is as important ...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment