Success Story: CHINNU G.SURESH, SBI PO 2016

October 2, 2016    

Hello friends,

Today I am sharing my success story,

Name – CHINNU G.SURESH

Qualification – Btech (Post Graduate)

Success Story CHINNU G.SURESH, SBI PO 2016


I am a post graduate and was working in an engineering college as a guest lecturer until when I realized a change in course is essential owing to job security stability and career growth. I started preparing for competitive exams from the month of may. Couple of public service commission exams, Nabard phase 1 were my first unsuccesful encounters. Later cleared SBI CLERK prelims, and still waiting for mains result (though am sure I wont get in as it was very tough for me and gk section compromised my accuracy). SBI PO prelims felt further tough and could attempt only 51. But luckily cleared it with 48.75 Marks.  The mains result was rather a surprise as my attempts were quite low.
GA: 21
Reasoning :21
Quant: 13
English : 10
Total: 65
Category : OBC

Preparation strategy
I had very less time to prepare, almost 3 months. My first step was strength and weakness analysis. I was pretty good at maths and reasoning  – Thanks to those placement training classes which I took while I was in college. Though i was an average student, i could do problems from quant sections and solve puzzles without much practice, but within 5 minutes or 20 minutes. Sadly i realized it will get me nowhere as we are supposed to do problems in less than a minute, the least. Thus I found my weak point, time management. I made few changes in my problem solving method. “Tips and tricks to solve.” series of grade up helped me understand and work out shortcut methods. I also tried to memorize multiplication table upto 25, Square and cube upto 30 which made my calculations easier and faster. And lots of practice, helped me gain an upper hand.

For English section, I referred no particular book. I used to read English novels and watch English serials which helped me improve my reading and comprehension skills.  It was my scoring session. But, sadly i was shocked by the level of English section in PO mains exam. So, I wouldn’t recommend such an easy going approach,  no matter how strong your basics are. It was a big mistake, which i realize now. But yes, once shortlisted for interview,  I started reading the Hindu article series and editorial provided daily by a Grade up.

Another weak point was General Awareness section. I completely depended on Gk tornado provided by GradeUp to improve my score in this section.

I know there isn’t much to get inspired from this write up. No long preparations, no desperate waiting, not a long list of unsuccessful exams! But the twist here is that, my real struggle was against my own health conditions as my carrying days became my exam preparing days. It doesn’t matter, if you started preparations yesterday or 3 years back.

Finding the right strategy which suits you best is the crucial step. 

Do that and you are half way there.

All the best everyone for the upcoming exam season.

Thanks!!


Get more Exams, Success Stories related tests, articles on your Android Phone. Install Now!

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Success Story: CHINNU G.SURESH, SBI PO 2016 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu October 2, 2016 Hello friends, Today I am sharing my success story, Name – CHINNU G.SURESH Qualification – Btech (Post Graduate) I am a post graduat...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment