SUCCESS STORY: IDBI ASSISTANT MANAGER

October 22, 2015    

Good Evening to all readers,

Myself, I am Pradeep.. I go by the name PROUD INDIAN on "DISQUS" (Changed to Pradeep these days).
Back when I was in in +2,  I wanted to do graduation and then attempt banking exams and pursue my further goals. But after intense talks and discussions with my parents and well-wishers - I had reached a consensus that doing a graduation in Technology stream might leave me with more number of opportunities.

I did my UG in Technology (Mechanical Engineering stream) from a well-reputed college. At the end of my graduation, I got a campus placement in a core company and also in another software company. And also i got a top -35 rank in my state's CET (for MBA admission) and in GRE also. But at the end of the day, my loving parents and friends (including my partner) left the decision to me.  When I told them that I will leave everything and will start preparing for BANK EXAMS and other COMPETITIVE EXAMS -  so many of my friends and well wishers were not convinced and had mixed opinions. On that day I learnt the lesson that :


"I alone, am responsible to the consequences of my decisions which will shape up my life - if I keep in mind the opinions of others looking back then I cant move forward."
After joining in bank exams coaching, I realized that it is going to be a bumpy ride.

"If I were to succeed or shine here , just not working on my strengths and (or) weaknesses is enough but I need to work on everything with accuracy and precision." 

Then I learnt that

" Interacting and talking with others will give you a push to what extinct you have to work in order to get to the top and succeed"
Wrote a couple of insurance exams at first, but did not get shortlisted to interview. Then I felt a little low but was eager to know where I failed.  When the marks came out I saw to my surprise that - I could not make the GENERAL AWARENESS section (rest all i was well above individual cut-offs).
Here I learnt a lesson that "Just writing / attempting exams is not sufficient - but accessing on our performance is vital to perform much better the next time".
Then, a friend of mine said to me "Visit this website- its great- you will love it - it looks into every nook and corner of GENERAL AWARENESS topics which are essential to all competitive exams" Then enter, www(.)bankersadda(.)com..
Then, I really understood the intensity and gravity of the situation. Not just my General Awareness but also other sections also got improved significantly. Then, I strictly used to complete whatever quizzes they used to put up on the website. Whatever they maybe, easy or hard - new or repeated, I used to do them pretty strictly and within the time limit I used to keep.
Then came the lesson
 " Practice makes men perfect and at the same time build your confidence, which is essential".

Then, after doing this for a good amount of time, I got the feeling that I am becoming competitive enough by writing a number of mock exams at my institute. The thought that " Self satisfaction and self confidence is what matters" flashed in my brain.

Then wrote a few exams. I am eager about my performance, I mean accuracy not just about the end result.
So far my performances..
NIACL Assistants - Dec 2014  and NICL Jan 2015 Assistants  couldn't make to the interview..
Then, enter bankersadda...
UPSC's CDSE (II) - 2014  

CDSE (I) 2015 - shortlisted for SSB in both of them.

UIICL - 179 attempted - shortlisted for interview.

SBI PO Prelims - 59.75 - 63 attempted.
Mains - couldn't make it to interview ( made a mistake by not following my usual plan - kept a few guesses which I really shudn't have made).
LIC ADO - shortlisted for interview - it went pretty good.
RBI Assistant - 191 attempted - shortlisted for interview .
IDBI Assistant Manager - Got into merit list.
OICL - 181 attempted - waiting for result ( confident that I will make it).
IBPS RRB OFFICE SCALE 1 - 155 ATTEMPTED.
IBPS RRB OFFICE ASSISTANT - 170 ATTEMPTED.
When my Dad asked " If you get through RBI and IDBI - what would you chose ? An assistant post or 45k salaried manager post.." My personal choice I would chose RBI Assistant because when I went to submit m documents which we are supposed to send the RBI people I got to talk with some of the new recruits who told me that every single person who gets recruited will get rotated through various departments in that office"- which leaves ME in a place where I might continue to learn stuff there.. And learning is what makes ME happy. TAKE YOUR OWN DECISION so that YOU WON'T REGRET IT AFTERWARDS.
Coz at the end of the road, the opportunitites which we left shouldn't be the ones which make us say 
"Aaaah..." but the one's which make us feel " Glad I chose this"..
At the end of the day it all goes down to the single point where " Are you happy with what you are doing ? Regardless of how many bucks you are earning.. If yes is the answer : Then, my friend you are happy.. If no , try to make that NO, a YES.. 'Coz you don't want to blame yourself or any other person "..
TAKE ALL THE SUPPORT AND LOVE YOU CAN - REJECT ALL THE NAYSAYERS and INSTEAD OF THINKING A THOUSAND WAYS THAT IT CANNOT HAPPEN - THINK OF THE FEW WAYS THROUGH WHICH IT CAN HAPPEN..
When ever I feel down, I just watch a few films which make me feel " Well, someone somewhere is having a much worse day than me.. So I shouldn't give up... Some of them :
Any Given Sunday( you need the people around you in order to move strongly forward) ;
Moneyball ( if you take a decision make it in such a way that you won't regret about it - most importantly stand on the decision which you take) ;
Pursuit of Happiness ( Do I need to say more? Every 10 minute scene has some lesson ) ;
Rush ( Keep pushing yourself to the absolute limits) ;
Scareface( Never under estimate the other persons greed and capabilities) ; FRIENDS ( TV Show - you are always surrounded by the people you love and make sure you don't loose them ) ;
Breaking Bad ( Never ever GIVE UP and believe that your work is the best - It is ok to break the rules sometimes);
ROCKY Series ;
Just because someone isn't following your path it dosen't mean that the other person is lost - keep an open mind --> from basic common sense...
Thanking my parents and family who supported me all the way.. My friends who constantly helped me by dropping me here and there when ever necessary.. To my partner who always stood by my side along with my family and friends - who constantly encouraged me and fire myself to the absolute limits ..
To all the staff and moderators of BankersAdda who go through all sorts of difficulties to maintain such an awesome website which is good for all sorts of students / aspirants coming from different backgrounds.
To the almighty above me who blessed me with such a wonderful life..
Thanking everyone sincerely.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.


SUCCESS STORY: IDBI ASSISTANT MANAGER 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu October 22, 2015 Good Evening to all readers, Myself, I am Pradeep.. I go by the name  PROUD INDIAN  on "DISQUS" (Changed to  Pradeep  these d...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment