Gate Way To CGL Mains : Logical Reasoning Quiz

August 14, 2015    

Directions (1-2): In each of the following questions a statement is given followed by two conclusions I and ll. You have to consider the statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions can definitely be drawn from the given statements.
1.Statement: This course is /so designed that only few children can learn the topics by themselves.
Conclusions:
I. Learning the topics of this course by all the children is desirable.
II. Some learners find it difiicult to learn the topics of this course in the absence of a teacher.
(1) Only l follows
(2) Only II follows
(3) Both I and lI follow
(4) Neitherl nor 1I follows


2.Statement: The most polluting units are those engaged in electroplating of metals. These units generate highly toxic substances. Such industries are concentrated in the walled city. 
Conclusions:
I. Electroplating industries must be shut down. 
II. In the walled city there is greater pollution.
(1) Only I follows
(2) Only II follows
(3) Both I and II follow
(4) Neither l nor II follow

Directions (3-8): A Statement is given followed by two Assumptions, I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement. Indicate your answer.
3.Statement: The Ayodhya dispute has a 350 year old back ground and could not be solved in a jiffy.
Assumptions:
I. Ayodhya has some problem.
II. It would take long before the problem could be solved.
(1) Only I is implicit
(2) Only II is implicit
(3) Both I and II are implicit
(4) Neither I nor II is implicit

4.Statement: I pray to God whenever I am in difficulty. 
Assumptions :
I. Prayer can solve problems.
II. Prayer to god is the highest duty of man.
(1) Only l is implicit
(2) Only II is implicit
(3) Both I and II are implicit
(4) Neither I nor II is implicit

5.Statement : The values of an educated person will differ from that of an uneducated person. 
Assumptions : 
I. Education influences an individual's values.
II. An uneducated person will not have values. 
(1) Both I and II are implicit
(2) Only l is implicit.
(3) Only II is implicit
(4) Neither I nor II is implicit

6.Statement : The cost of living has gone up in India.
Assumptions: 
I. The price of essential commodities has gone up in recent times. 
II. Many luxury goods are available in plenty in the country. 
(1) Both I and II are implicit
(2) Neither I nor II is implicit
(3) Only I is implicit
(4) Only II is implicit

7.Statement : In the present period of economic hardships, education and small family norm may lead the nation to progress. 
Assumptions : 
I. Education and small family norm are directly related to nation's progress.
II. Big families find it difficult to bear the cost of education. 
(1) Only I is implicit
(2) Only II is implicit
(3) Both I and II are implicit
(4) Neither I nor II is implicit

8.Statement : The marriage rate has been steadily decreasing because more and more people prefer to have their own identity.
Assumptions :
I. When one is married, he/ she loses his/ her own identity. 
II. People who are married are not as content as those who are not married. 
(1) Only I is implicit
(2) Only II is implicit
(3) Both I and II are implicit.
(4) Neither I nor II is implicit,
Note:- Answers will updated soon.
Gate Way To CGL Mains : Logical Reasoning Quiz 4.5 5 Yateendra sahu August 14, 2015 Directions (1-2): In each of the following questions a statement is given followed by two conclusions I and ll. You have to consider the st...


Load comments

No comments:

Post a Comment